Published on December 4, 2008
SOME SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF INNER PEACE
(A list written by the Peace Pilgrim)
A tendency to think and act spontaneously rather than on fears based on past experiences
- An unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment
- A loss of interest in judging other people
- A loss of interest in interpreting the actions of others
- A loss of interest in conflict
- A loss of the ability to worry
- Frequent, overwhelming episodes of appreciation
- Contented feelings of connectedness with others and nature
- Frequent attacks of smiling
- An increased susceptibility to the love extended by others as well as the uncontrollable urge to extend it
(taken from the book: You’ll See It When You Believe It by Wayne W. Dyer)
Who is the Peace Pilgrim?
From 1953 to 1981 a silver haired woman calling herself only “Peace Pilgrim” walked more than 25,000 miles on a personal pilgrimage for peace. She vowed to “remain a wanderer until mankind has learned the way of peace, walking until given shelter and fasting until given food.” In the course of her 28 year pilgrimage she touched the hearts, minds, and lives of thousands of individuals all across North America. Her message was both simple and profound. It continues to inspire people all over the world.
(the above excerpt was borrowed from the Peace Pilgrim website that you can find HERE.)
Peace & Love.
Never miss a blog post!
Sign up to get blog updates sent straight to your inbox