Paint FEARLESS Mexico 2021 Registration
READ THE FOLLOWING DETAILS BEFORE REGISTERING!
YOUR PAYMENT ACTS AS AGREEMENT TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS.
STARTS: Sunday, October 10, 2021 at 5pm with tapas and orientation. (Please try to arrive the day before to settle in and acclimate yourself. Extra nights lodging at Casa Agave is available for a small fee.)
ENDS: Saturday, October 16, 2021 with a group dinner. Dinner is NOT included in registration.
CHECK-OUT: Sunday, October 17, 2021 by 11am. Breakfast is NOT included. Extra night lodging at Casa Agave is available for a small fee.
PLACE: Casa Agave -- a private estate located a few blocks south of the zocalo -- the main cultural center of Oaxaca City. Each artist receives their own private room with a full size bed, private bathroom, and communal studio space.
SPACE IS LIMITED TO 8 WOMEN ARTISTS.
Included in Registration:
- 7 nights single occupancy lodging at Casa Agave with 24 hour studio access right outside your bedroom.
- 6 breakfasts, 6 lunches, & welcome tapas.
- Guided tour of the Museum of Oaxacan Painters.
- Guided walking tour that includes visits to nearby galleries, art store, & reference to must see attractions for painters.
- Guided visit to the ex-monastery of Santiago Apostol for touring & sketching.
- Guided visit to the villages of Zaachilla and San Martin Tilcajete including traditional painting studios, murals, & cemetery.
- Workshop instruction, support, and tons of one-on-one guidance from Connie Solera.
- Special FEARLESS® Painting hand outs to take home with you.
- Access to Connie Solera's personal collage stash to use in your own work.
- An intimate glimpse into Connie Solera's painting process as she builds a body of work.
- Pre-trip notes and guidelines.
- A collectible Paint FEARLESS apron.
- A special alumni discount & VIP early registration for all returning students.
- Advice on travel plans before or after the trip if desired.
- Loads of fun surprises and hand-picked Oaxacan goodies from Connie.
- Friendships and memories that will last a lifetime.
NOT Included in Registration:
- Air, travel, dinners, supplies, entrance fees, and tipping for tour guide.
Confirmation & Communication
- Within 24 hours of making your deposit you will receive a welcome email. This is your registration confirmation and contains helpful info to help you start planning your trip to Oaxaca. Please keep this email in a safe place. It is recommended that you print it out.
- IMPORTANT: All retreat information will be emailed to the email address you used to register with. If you require the materials to be sent to an alternate email address, please email Support@ConnieSolera.com and let us know right away.
Cancellations, Refunds, & Payment Schedule
A deposit of $650 USD will hold your space.
- Cancellations made before July 1, 2021: Refunds, minus a $155 cancellation fee, will be made until July 1, 2021. On and/or after July 1, 2021 your registration fee is non-refundable. Please email your cancellation to Support@ConnieSolera.com with your full name and email address you used to purchase registration. Your refund will be issued via Pay Pal within 72 business hours of receiving your cancellation.
- Registration is NOT transferable.
- The final balance of $2345 is due before July 1, 2021.
- You will receive an invoice from us for the final balance in June 2021. We will contact you in May to inquire if you would prefer to pay the balance in two monthly payments a month apart instead.
- On and after July 1, 2021: ALL SALES FINAL.
Lodging & Meals
- Lodging is single occupancy.
- Each room comes with a full size bed, a private bathroom, 24 hour access to the studio space right outside your bedroom, rooftop patio with amazing view, and a communal mini-refrigerator, filtered water, dishes, and electric tea kettle.
- Also included in the Paint FEARLESS Mexico registration is six breakfasts and six lunches. But because Oaxacan cuisine is so wonderful, dinners are not prearranged to give you freedom to choose where and what to eat. Connie will point you to her favorite restaurants and her assistant can help you make reservations if needed.
- Everything is an easy walk from Casa Agave (where you'll be lodging and enjoying studio time). Taxi's are abundant and affordable if you prefer not to walk.
- Most people pair up or go to dinner in groups, so don't worry about dining alone. Travel costs are not included.
- A detailed supply list will be included in your welcome email. We'll be painting with acrylic paints and Connie will take you to the infamous Frida Kahlo art store to help you purchase your own stash of Politec Paints -- only available in Mexico. At Paint FEARLESS Mexico we use a Canson Mixed Media large sketchbook as our main substrate. As well as experimenting with Tombow pens and watercolors in a smaller sketchbook while we are out exploring. None of the supplies are very expensive and you are always welcome to improvise with what you already possess.
- You DO need a passport that doesn't expire for six months from your date of entry to Mexico.
- You will fly into the Oaxaca de Juarex, Oaxaca airport.
- Airport code is: OAX.
- In the US, United Airlines has a direct flight from Houston to Oaxaca and American Airlines has a direct flight from Dallas to Oaxaca.
- Otherwise, you will likely change planes in Mexico City from your city of origin.
- From the Oaxaca airport you'll take a taxi (collectivo) to Casa Agave. Detailed instructions and the address will be provided in your welcome email.
- Taxi fare is 150 pesos (approximately $7 USD) per person and there is just one taxi counter inside the airport. Easy and stress free!
- A great place to search for airfares is Skyscanner.com
- You can see recommended travel routes by train, plane, ferry, and car to and from any destination on Rome2Rio.
If you have a question or concern please do not hesitate to CONTACT US HERE.
FEARLESS® Painting is a registered trademark of Connie Solera,LLC.