Paint FEARLESS Mexico Registration 2019
OAXACA CITY, MEXICO
November 8-15, 2019 SOLD OUT!
SPACE IS LIMITED TO 10 WOMEN ARTISTS. DOUBLE OCCUPANCY LODGING INCLUDED.
--> This will be the last time I offer Paint FEARLESS Mexico. <--
Please contact Support@ConnieSolera.com to be put on the waiting list.
READ THE FOLLOWING DETAILS BEFORE REGISTERING!
YOUR PAYMENT ACTS AS AGREEMENT TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS.
- DATES: Starts Friday, November 8, 2019 at 5pm with tapas and orientation.
Ends Thursday, November 14, 2019 with a group dinner (dinner not included).
Check-out is on Friday, November 15, 2019 by 11am (breakfast included).
- PLACE: Art House Oaxaca, an artist residency founded by Lisa Sonora - an American artist living in Oaxaca.
- COST: $2650
- SPACE IS LIMITED TO 10 WOMEN ARTISTS & INCLUDES DOUBLE OCCUPANCY LODGING. THERE ARE NO INDIVIDUAL ROOMS.
Included in Registration:
-- 7 nights double occupancy lodging at Art House Oaxaca.
-- 6 breakfasts, 6 lunches, & welcome tapas.
-- Guided tour of the Museum of Oaxacan Painters.
-- Guided walking tour that includes visits to nearby galleries, art store, & reference to must see attractions for painters.
-- Guided visit to the ex-monastery of Santiago Apostol for touring & sketching.
-- Guided visit to the villages of Zaachilla and San Martin Tilcajete including traditional painting studios, murals, & cemetery.
-- Workshop instruction, support, and tons of one-on-one guidance from Connie Solera.
-- Special FEARLESS® Painting hand outs to take home with you.
-- Access to Connie Solera's personal collage stash to use in your own work.
-- An intimate glimpse into Connie Solera's painting process as she builds a body of work.
-- Pre-trip notes and guidelines.
-- A special FEARLESS® Painter apron.
-- A special alumni discount & VIP early registration for all returning students.
-- Advice on travel plans before or after the trip if desired.
-- Friendships and memories that will last a lifetime.
NOT Included in Registration:
- Air, travel, dinners, supplies, entrance fees, and tipping for Art House staff, tour guide, and cafe.
Confirmation & Communication
- Within 24 hours of making your deposit you will receive a welcome email. This is your registration confirmation and contains helpful info to help you start planning your trip to Oaxaca. Please keep this email in a safe place. It is recommended that you print it out.
- IMPORTANT: All retreat information will be emailed to the email address you used to register with. If you require the materials to be sent to an alternate email address, please email Support@ConnieSolera.com and let us know right away.
Cancellations, Refunds, & Payment Schedule
A deposit of $650 USD will hold your space.
November 2019 Retreats:
- Cancellations made before August 1, 2019: Refunds, minus a $155 service fee, will be made until August 1, 2019. On and/or after August 1, 2019 your registration fee is non-refundable. Please email your cancellation to Support@ConnieSolera.com with your full name and email address you used to purchase registration. Your refund will be issued via Pay Pal within 72 business hours of receiving your cancellation.
- Registration is NOT transferable.
- The final balance of $2000 is due by August 1, 2019.
- You will receive an invoice from us for the final balance in July. We will contact you in June to inquire if you would prefer to pay the balance in two monthly payments a month apart instead.
- On and after August 1, 2019: ALL SALES FINAL.
Lodging & Meals
- Lodging is double occupancy and you will be assigned a roommate. If you are attending with a friend please let us know when you register.
- Each room comes with two twin beds, a private bathroom, 24 hour access to the outside studio space, and a communal kitchenette with refrigerator, stove, filtered water, dishes, and electric tea kettle.
- Also included in the Paint FEARLESS Mexico registration is six breakfasts and six lunches. But because Oaxacan cuisine is so wonderful, dinners are not prearranged to give you freedom to choose where and what to eat. Connie will point you to her favorite restaurants and Lisa Sonora or her staff can help you make reservations if needed.
- Everything is an easy walk from Art House Oaxaca (where you'll be lodging and enjoying studio time). Taxi's are abundant and affordable if you prefer not to walk.
- There is also a lovely cafe on site. Most people pair up or go to dinner in groups, so don't worry about dining alone. Travel costs are not included.
- A detailed supply list will be included in your welcome email. We'll be painting with acrylic paints. Using a Canson Mixed Media large sketchbook as our main substrate. As well as experimenting with Tombow pens and watercolors in a smaller sketchbook while we are out exploring. None of the supplies are very expensive and you are always welcome to improvise with what you already possess.
- You DO need a passport that doesn't expire for six months from your date of entry to Mexico.
- You will fly into the Oaxaca de Juarex, Oaxaca airport.
- Airport code is: OAX.
- Oaxaca does have a direct flight from the USA from Houston on United Airlines.
- Otherwise, you will likely change planes in Mexico City (real easy) from your city of origin.
- From the Oaxaca airport you'll take a taxi to Art House Oaxaca. Detailed instructions and the address will be provided in your welcome email.
- Taxi fare is about $7 USD per person and there is just one taxi counter inside the airport. Easy and stress free!
- A great place to search for airfares is Skyscanner.com
- You can see recommended travel routes by train, plane, ferry, and car to and from any destination on Rome2Rio.
If you have a question or concern please do not hesitate to email: Support@ConnieSolera.com
FEARLESS® Painting is a registered trademark of Dirty Footprints Studio.