ONLINE WORKSHOP | January 25 -March 1, 2023 | REGISTRATION CLOSED
watercolors and water-soluble crayons ignite my imagination and help me tap into the deeper wells of my intuition. That's why I created DISSOLVE — to share this watery, magical process with you!
In DISSOLVE, we will spend six delicious weeks swimming the deeper currents of our creativity by using the jewels of art materials themselves: watercolors and water-soluble crayons.
In the first three weeks you will explore and experiment with my own personal techniques and intuitive approach to using watercolors, water-soluble crayons, and mixed-media in ways that will encourage you to follow your own creative flow and elevate your own personal style and mark-making.
In the second half of DISSOLVE, you will create your own unique body-of-work inspired by watery themes such as dreams, imagination, boundaries, visions, depth, emotion, and so-much-more. I will guide you on this journey through audio prompts, guided meditations, an intimate peek into my own creative process, and group mentoring.
We will close DISSOLVE by taking time to examine our body-of-work in a way that reveals the intuitive narrative and powerful insights that occur when we take the time to paint from our heart-space.
You will leave DISSOLVE with a much richer and robust relationship to watercolors and water-soluble crayons, a series of paintings that provide you with valuable insight into your Artist Soul, the feeling of being confident and empowered in your own Artist skin, and the indescribable joy that comes from making art among kindreds!
DISSOLVE INTO THE DEEPER CURRENTS OF YOUR CREATIVITY
In DISSOLVE you will receive:
- Seven weekly learning modules containing videos, audios, and written content that are yours to keep.
- Six, weekly, ninety-minute Zoom calls held every Wednesday at 9 AM PST / 12 PM EST. The Zoom calls will contain Q&A, demos, juicy discussion, and creative exercises. All Zoom calls are recorded and yours to keep. Attendance at Zoom calls are NOT mandatory. Our first call is Wednesday, January 25th. (CLICK HERE for time conversion.)
- A private classroom for you to share your work and receive support, feedback, and guidance from both myself and your peers.
Wed. January 11 — DISSOLVE classroom opens. First learning module will be posted.
Wed. January 25 — DISSOLVE officially begins. Our opening Zoom call will be at 9 AM PST / 12 PM EST. (CLICK HERE for time conversion.) Second learning module posts after call ends. Learning modules will be posted every Wednesday after Zoom calls starting on this date.
Wed. March 1 — DISSOLVE closing call. Last learning module posted.
FOLLOW YOUR UNIQUE CREATIVE FLOW
DISSOLVE IS FOR ARTISTS WHO:
- Have a desire to tap into the deeper currents of their creativity.
- Want to deepen and expand their relationship to watercolors and water-soluble crayons. If you've never used these materials before — that's perfect too!
- Are excited about creating a series of paintings that explore watery themes such as imagination, intuition, boundaries, portals, dreams, etc.
- Are comfortable working independently, but thrive from being part of a creative community.
- Are interested in identifying, elevating and strengthening their own style and mark-making. In DISSOLVE you will NOT learn how to paint like me — but rather use my techniques and approaches as launching pads for your own creative magic.
- Long for a creative learning environment that is both nourishing and challenging to your Artist Soul.
Refund & Payment Plan Policy
Registration for DISSOLVE is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Please CONTACT US if you have a problem or need help.
We want you to be happy and make art!
If a payment fails you have 48 hours to pay it
or your registration to DISSOLVE will be terminated.
LET'S TALK SUPPLIES!
The core supplies we will be exploring in DISSOLVE are watercolors and water-soluble crayons. As I state in my video below, what brands you use is really up to you. I'm not picky, nor am I monogamous to one specific brand. Below you will find a video explaining more and links to my suggestions.
- Kuretake Gansai Tambi Watercolor Paint Pan Sets
- NeoColor II Watersoluble wax pastels (I call them "crayons")
- Prismacolor Watercolor Pencils (optional)
- Tombow Brush Pens (optional)
- Suggested Substrates: Handbook Artist Journal, Canson Mix Media XL, or Fabriano Watercolor Fat Pad
- Suggested Brushes: Angle Shader, Flat Shader, Round, Wash
- Water bowl and paint rags.