Immerse yourself in the magic of the red rocks of sedona
Sedona has a mysterious way of breaking artists open and guiding their creativity to new depths.
Sedona will charm you with her incredible sunsets, majestic red rocks, vibrant art community, and world class restaurants and boutiques. But it’s her magic that will transform your heart and deepen your art.
At Paint FEARLESS Sedona I will meet you exactly where you are in your artist journey and guide you on a creative adventure. Together we will:
- explore your unique visual language through building a body of work
- take creative risks that will breathe life into your paintings and expand the way you look at your art
- identify & excavate the intuitive narrative that is the life force of your art
- soak in Sedona’s landscape and discover fun ways to document and use it as inspiration
- learn practical tools, techniques, and approaches to creating art with gusto and confidence
- embrace a sense of adventure in your painting practice
- experience a week of living, breathing, and navigating the world as the artist you were called to be
You will leave Paint FEARLESS Sedona feeling renewed, inspired, and ready to embrace the world as the artist you truly are.
Share a week of creativity and adventure with kindred souls!
Here is some sweetness about Sedona…
— Sedona is located in the high desert of northern Arizona surrounded by red-rock buttes, steep canyon walls and pine forests. I encourage my painters to arrive early or stay a few days later. There is so much to explore and inspiration to take in.
— Spring in Sedona means cactus flora and the best temperatures ever! Expect the days to be sunny with highs in the 80s and the evenings dropping into the 50s.
— Traveling to Sedona from outside of Arizona you will need to fly into Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX) and then it is approximately a two hour beautiful drive north from the airport — many painters car pool together and details can be organized through the private Facebook group.
— Lodging is not included in your registration, but Sedona is a very visitor friendly town. There is a plethora of hotels and AirBNB’s to choose from only minutes away from the Creative Life Center where our studio is located. A list of recommendations will be emailed to you.
— Meals are also not included in your registration which gives you the opportunity to enjoy the many amazing restaurants Sedona has to offer. You will have the option each day of joining me for lunch at some of my absolute favorite restaurants. It’s going to be so yummy!
— On Wednesday I will guide you on a hike at one of my most favorite Sedona scenic areas to sketch. The hike is geared to moderate skill level. Slight uphill and downhill slopes and possibly slippery terrain can be expected. Athletic or hiking shoes are suggested. In case of rain please bring an umbrella and/or rain coat. A small backpack or shoulder bag to carry water bottle, sketchbook, and camera is encouraged.
Align your creativity, heart, and mind.
Here Is Our Itinerary…
- Saturday, September 11: Tapas, welcome, & orientation. (We begin at 4:00 PM.)
- Sunday, September 12: Morning workshop & FEARLESS® Painting. Lunch. Break. Afternoon workshop & FEARLESS® Painting.
- Monday, September 13: Morning workshop & FEARLESS@ Painting. Lunch. Break. Pink Jeep Tour.
- Tuesday, September 14: Morning workshop & FEARLESS® Painting. Lunch. Break. Afternoon workshop & FEARLESS® Painting. A healing Sound Journey at the Sedona Sound Temple in the evening.
- Wednesday, September 15: Morning hike & sketching. Lunch. Break. Afternoon workshop & FEARLESS® Painting.
- Thursday, September 16: Grand Canyon adventure! (Travel & lunch included).
- Friday, September 17: Breakfast. FEARLESS® Painting. Final shows. Farewells. (We end at 1:00 PM.)
Be inspired by the red rock views and southwest architecture of the Sedona Creative Life Center.
Our FEARLESS® Painting Studio will be at the Sedona Creative Life Center…
This will be my sixth painting retreat that I’m teaching at the Sedona Creative Life Center — needless to say, I love this place!
The Sedona Creative Life Center is tucked near the red rocks and equipped with inspiring views, gorgeous architecture and an environment intentionally designed to support creativity and inner transformation. What else could a FEARLESS® Painter ask for!?
At the Sedona Creative Life Center we will sit under a great oak for our discussions, burrow into our art cabin for demos, and expand across the grounds creating your own outside studio for the day! You’ll want to be as close to Sedona’s magic as possible and at the Sedona Creative Life Center we will do just that.
Travel, lodging and meals (except for tapas, snacks, and one breakfast) are NOT included. Details on hotels and restaurants nearby will be provided.
We will go on an off road Pink Jeep adventure & spend a day at the Grand Canyon too!
My family and I love the Pink Jeep tours — it’s THE best (and bumpiest) way to see Sedona! At Paint FEARLESS we’re gonna head out on the last Pink Jeep adventure of the day so we can soak in the majestic views right around sunset. This is when the light in Sedona is the most magnificent and I don’t want you to miss it.
Plus, you can’t leave Arizona without a visit to the Grand Canyon, so at Paint FEARLESS we’re taking an inspiring day trip there. We’ll gaze at her beauty, visit some national historic landmarks, stroll around Grand Canyon Village, and have way too much fun! Travel and lunch are included on this day.
Here is what you will receive…
- Tapas on Saturday, a boxed lunch on Thursday, breakfast on Friday and light snacks each day
- Mixed media paper, acrylic & tempera paint, oil pastels, and graphite will be provided for you.
- A three hour Pink Jeep tour on the Broken Arrow Trail & scenic rim of Sedona.
- A 90 minute healing sound journey at the Sedona Sound Temple on Tuesday evening.
- A premier day trip to the Grand Canyon — travel to and from included.
- A guided hiking and sketching tour with Connie of one of her favorite scenic spots in Sedona.
- Entrance fee to the red rock park where Connie will take you hiking & sketching.
- Bottled water while you are on your hike.
- Advice on inspiring places to visit during your daily breaks to personalize your retreat.
- Workshop instruction, support, and daily one-on-one guidance from Connie Solera.
- Special FEARLESS® Painting hand outs to take home with you.
- Access to Connie Solera’s personal collage stash to use in your own work.
- An intimate glimpse into Connie Solera’s painting process as she builds a body of work.
- Pre-trip notes and guidelines.
- A collectable FEARLESS® Painter apron.
- A special alumna discount & VIP early registration for all returning students.
- Advice on travel plans before or after the trip if desired.
- Friendships and memories that will last a lifetime.
Not included in registration…
- Airfare, lodging, and ground travel are not included.
- Meals are not included, except tapas on Monday, boxed lunch on Saturday, breakfast on Sunday, and light snacks will be provided daily.
- Paint brushes and a few art supplies for sketching are not included. A supply list will be emailed to you after registering.