Immerse yourself in the magic of the red rocks of sedona
Grab your paintbushes & meet me in Sedona!
Sedona will charm you with her incredible sunsets, majestic red rocks, vibrant art community, and world class restaurants and boutiques. But it’s her magic that will transform your heart and deepen your art.
At Paint FEARLESS® Sedona I will meet you exactly where you are in your artist journey and guide you on a creative adventure. Together we will:
- explore your unique visual language through building a body of work
- take creative risks that will breathe life into your paintings and expand the way you look at your art
- identify & excavate the intuitive narrative that is the life force of your art
- soak in Sedona’s landscape and discover fun ways to document and use it as inspiration
- learn practical tools, techniques, and approaches to creating art with gusto and confidence
- embrace a sense of adventure in your painting practice
- experience five full days of living, breathing, and navigating the world as the artist you were called to be
You will leave Paint FEARLESS® Sedona feeling renewed, inspired, and ready to embrace the world as the artist you truly are.
Treat yourself to 5 days of painting FEARLESS!
— Sedona is located in the high desert of northern Arizona surrounded by red-rock buttes, steep canyon walls and pine forests. I encourage my painters to arrive early or stay a few days later. There is so much to explore and inspiration to take in. Ask and I'll share some of my favorite places.
— Spring in Sedona means cactus flora and the best temperatures ever! Expect the days to be sunny with highs in the 80s and the evenings dropping into the 50s.
— Traveling to Sedona from outside of Arizona you will need to fly into Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX) and then it is approximately a two hour beautiful drive north from the airport — many painters car pool together and details can be organized through our private group at Paint Wisdom Studio.
— On Tuesday & Thursday morning I will guide you on a hike at a couple of my most favorite Sedona scenic areas to sketch. The hike is geared to moderate skill level. Slight uphill and downhill slopes and possibly slippery terrain can be expected. Athletic or hiking shoes are suggested. In case of rain please bring an umbrella and/or rain coat. A small backpack or shoulder bag to carry water bottle, sketchbook, and camera is encouraged.
— Lodging is NOT included in your registration, but Sedona is a very visitor friendly town. There is a plethora of hotels and AirBNB’s to choose from only minutes away from where our studio is located. A list of recommendations will be emailed to you.
— Meals are also NOT included in your registration which gives you the opportunity to enjoy the many amazing restaurants Sedona has to offer. You will have the option each day of joining me for lunch at some of my absolute favorite restaurants. It’s going to be so yummy!
Align your creativity, heart, and mind.
SUNDAY, APRIL 14 - FRIDAY, APRIL 19, 2024 | LIMITED TO 10 PAINTERS TOTAL
5:00 PM - 7:00 PM Welcome & Orientation
Monday, Wednesday, & Friday
10:00 AM - 1:00 PM Workshop & FEARLESS® Painting in the studio.
1:00 - 3:00 PM Lunch / Break.
3:00 - 5:00 PM Workshop & FEARLESS® Painting in the studio.
Tuesday & Thursday
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM Sketching on location in Sedona.
12:00 - 2:00 PM Lunch / Break.
2:00 - 4:00 PM Workshop & FEARLESS® Painting in the studio.
Thursday night is an optional paint party starting at 7 PM. We'll order take-out, paint, dance, and have a great time! Plus, Friday's lunch is on Connie! We'll be eating at the studio on that day.
Sedona is a great place of beauty, creativity, and transformation
We Will Be Painting FEARLESS® at the Sacred Spirit Event Center
Our Paint FEARLESS® studio is at the spacious, inspiring Sacred Spirit Gallery.
Sacred Spirit Gallery is tucked near the red rocks and equipped with an inspiring view and an environment designed to support creativity and inner transformation. What else could a FEARLESS® Painter ask for!?
Drink In The SWEETNESS OF your Creativity
At Paint FEARLESS® Sedona expect to drink in the nectar — the pure sweetness of your creative practice. Through guided visualizations, creative exercises and loads of FEARLESS® Painting time together you will practice staying in the flow, embracing obstacles and resistance, and following what you LOVE as an artist.
You will leave Sedona feeling more confident and energized as an artist — no matter what your background, experience, or skill level is.
All levels of experience and skill levels are welcome and celebrated, but having at least one to two years of painting under your apron is highly recommended.
- Mixed media paper, acrylic & tempera paint, oil pastels, charcoal, and graphite will be provided for you.
- Two guided hiking and sketching tours lead by Connie at two of her favorite scenic spots in Sedona. Foldable chairs, lap tables, and bottled drinking water will be provided for your comfort.
- Entrance fee to the red rock park where Connie will take you hiking & sketching.
- Workshop instruction, support, and daily one-on-one guidance from Connie Solera.
- Special FEARLESS® Painting hand outs to take home with you.
- An intimate glimpse into Connie Solera’s painting process as she builds a body of work.
- Pre-trip notes and guidelines.
- A collectable FEARLESS® Painter apron.
- Advice on travel plans before or after the trip if desired.
- Friendships and memories that will last a lifetime.
WHAT's NOT INCLUDED
- Airfare, lodging, and ground transportation are not included.
- Meals are NOT included. Water, ice tea, and snacks are included.
- Paint brushes and a few minor art supplies for sketching are not included. A supply list will be emailed to you after registering.
Praise from Past FEARLESS® Painters!
SEDONA IS CALLING
It was 2004 and my dear friend Mary and I were on vacation in Tucson, Arizona when we drove four hours north to Sedona. Born and raised in Cleveland, Ohio I had never been to Arizona before. Once we cleared the bend (that no longer exists) and caught view of the most amazing, epic view of Sedona's red rocks, Mary's car started to putter and eventually died. There we were, two young artists in our twenties, completely stranded in Sedona. Who could have asked for a better adventure and boy did Sedona deliver. I left that first encounter with Sedona inspired, changed, and determined to live near her for the rest of my life.
Fast forward two years later — my husband and I sell all our belongings (except a few art supplies and our bikes), pack up our two cats and our dog Nyla and move from Cleveland, Ohio to Phoenix, Arizona. We didn't know a soul, didn't own a thing, didn't have much money, and didn't have a job. All we knew is that we wanted to be near Sedona...and we've been here ever since.
Now a family of three, Sedona is an integral part of our lives and a BIG part of my own creativity. We know Sedona's trails by heart, can tell you the best places to eat, and have our favorite massage and healing practitioners we frequent often.
For almost twenty years now I've been coming to Sedona twice a year for my own solo painting retreats. There's just something so dang nourishing about being in Sedona's presence that always refills my creative well and inspires me to move in new directions.
This is exactly why I've been hosting my Paint FEARLESS® Sedona retreat here annually since 2010. It's awesome to watch my students be transformed by Sedona year-after-year.
So listen Love...if you are here and reading this, please take this as your sacred invitation. Don't hesitate — don't wait. You are here because Sedona is calling you.
Pack up your paintbrushes and say yes! It's time for you to take a pilgrimage to Sedona. My next Paint FEARLESS® Sedona is Sunday, April 14 - Friday, April 19, 2024. I'll be expecting you.
Questions? CONTACT ME HERE.