June 5-19 | online eCourse
Registration is now closed.
A daily creative practice can be easy and fulfilling.
Especially when using the yumminess of pastels.
Night Vision is an online eCourse where we create a series of pastel drawings that explore the way we, as artists, see in the dark. For two glorious weeks our inner universe of dreams, memory, and intuition will guide our creative practice of pastel magic.
Night Vision begins Friday, June 5th at 9 AM PST / 12 PM EST with a three hour live Zoom call where we will unpack the wonderful world of drawing intuitively with pastels -- including a look at techniques, approaches, and basic color theory while weaving in time for you to experiment and ask questions live. This Zoom call will be recorded and available for replay for those unable to attend.
Then, starting Monday, June 8th you will receive 11 daily emails that contain a short audio from yours truly. These daily morsels of storytelling are intended to open the door to your own inner world of inspiration.
On Friday, June 19th at 9 AM PST/ 12 PM EST Night Vision will conclude with a 90 minute Zoom call. On this call I will help you identify your visual language, discuss ways you can keep your practice going strong, and close our journey together with a little pastel drawing. As always, this call will be recorded for those unable to attend.
Creating art is so much more juicier when it's done in community. That's why Night Vision includes a private Facebook group where you can receive support, accountability, and an occasional pop-up Facebook Live filled with love from me too!
Using pastels is highly addictive & known to cause endless hours of bliss.
Friday, June 5th at 9 AM PST/ 12 PM EST (CLICK HERE for time zone conversion)
A three hour live workshop on Zoom where I will be teaching about pastels and the basic principles of intuitive drawing.
Saturday, June 6th - Sunday, June 7th
Time to practice the pastel techniques.
Monday, June 8th - Thursday, June 18th
Each day you will receive an email with a short audio from me to inspire your daily creative practice. You are encouraged to share your work in the private Facebook group to receive support and feedback.
Friday, June 19th at 9 AM PST / 12 PM EST (CLICK HERE for time zone conversion)
A ninety minute live workshop on Zoom where I will you begin to identify your visual language, reflect upon your overall process, and discuss ways you can keep growing your skills and body of work. We will end with a little bit of pastel drawing and Q&A.
What You Will Receive
- One 3 hour live workshop (via Zoom) on pastels and the principles of intuitive drawing.
- One 90 minute live workshop (via Zoom) on visual language and how to expand your series and your skills.
- A downloadable PDFs with supportive content for each Zoom call and a master PDF at the end.
- 11 short audios intended to inspire your daily creative practice.
- Individualized support and feedback from me, Connie Solera, during June 5-19, 2020.
- Private Facebook group to share your work, connect with your peers and receive encouragement and feedback.
What You Will Learn
- Juicy techniques and approaches to drawing with pastels. We will go over the differences and similarities of oil pastels, soft pastels, and polychromos pastels. For this eCourse you can use whichever pastel you have.
- The principles of intuitive drawing, including a basic understanding of color theory and how it applies to pastels.
- An intimate understanding of the ebb and flow of creating a body of work based on an intuitive narrative.
- How to foster and sustain a daily creative practice no matter how much time/energy/resources you have at hand.
- How to embrace your inner critic and resistance with kindness.
All instructional content is yours to download and keep.
Create at your own pace!
Lets talk supplies!
Hit play on the video & check out the supply list below as well!
In Night Vision you can use any brand/type of pastels you have on-hand to create your series of pastel drawings -- as well as paper. Though, the supplies you choose to use will impact the overall look and feel of your pieces.
Currently, I am in love with using Faber Castell polychromos pastels combined with Faber Castell polychromos pencils on Fabriano Mixed Media Paper. All of the drawings posted on this page are created with these three materials. To achieve this exact texture and look I recommend purchasing at least the pastels and paper.
Though, the polychromos pastels are a bit on the pricey side, so if it is not in your budget right now, I highly recommend using oil pastels instead. I list a few of my favorite brands below.