IGNITE TEACher training
Online intensive | registration now closed
IGNITE is a nine month online teacher training intensive where you receive the tools, methods, templates, mentoring, and most of all DEEP Soul Work needed to lead others through the creative process powerfully, design meaningful programs, and lay a foundation for a heart-guided teaching and business practice rooted in ones unique skills, creative process, and greatness as an artist.
The first half of IGNITE is grounded in the contemplative work of looking inward and embodying who you are as an artist so that you can powerfully help others do the same.
The second half of IGNITE is all about learning to create transformative eCourses, workshops, and retreats by actually doing it! Together we will create a collective eCourse while learning valuable tools, methods, practices, and insights into teaching.
Personally I, Connie Solera, have built a 25+ years art career and thriving business around loving what I love as an artist and igniting others to do the same. In IGNITE I share with you EVERYTHING I know about teaching transformative workshops, retreats, and eCourses while supporting you to claim what you love , what your passionate and curious about -- so that you too can embody your artist soul in everything you do, touch, and create.
Here is a brief summary of what you will learn & explore in IGNITE:
Deepen Your Creative Process
- Discover powerful insights into the creative process, including how to identify the various phases it goes through, how to work through energetic obstacles and resistance with integrity and kindness, and ways to craft environments that support one's unique creative process.
- Understand the energetics and philosophy behind creating intuitively. You will be able to identify the difference between working from instinct and intuition while learning how to fuse the two into creative intention and goal setting.
- Align creative energy with the collective rhythms and cycles of our ever evolving environments and cultural climates.
- Excavate, identify and claim your unique greatness and gifts as an artist and expand your confidence to share it with others with joy and gusto.
Create Transformative and inspiring Programs
- Gain powerful methods, techniques, and Connie Solera's proven technology used to cultivate a transformative creative experience both online and in-person.
- Develop intuitive listening skills as the root of powerful feedback and deeper communication with your students.
- Receive an emphasis on teaching from who you are and not just what you know. IGNITE's teaching philosophy is based in fostering full aliveness, NOT expertise.
- Learn community tending skills that are grounded in anti-racism, trauma sensitive, cross-cultural awareness and embraces the social-political challenges we face with compassion, curiosity, and integrity.
Establish Sustainable teaching + business practices
- How to fluidly and effectively organize projects and programs.
- Intuitive business visioning -- this is how I have grown my business for 12+ years.
- Community engagement (a.k.a. marketing).
- Professional responsibilities and ethics as a teacher.
- Understanding the basic flow and ebb of resources in business (a.k.a. -- lelt's talk finances!)
- The importance of creating internal support systems.
- Gathering supplies when you're starting out.
- Basic legal structures to be mindful of.
- Weaving family, work, creativity, play, and spiritual practice organically together into your teaching/business practices.
- Pros and cons of an online presence -- choosing what works best for you.
- Using technology as a form of expression and as a powerful teaching tool.
Now is the time To be the artist you dream of being!
Here's what you receive when you say "YES" to your Artist Soul & join IGNITE
- A nine month life-changing intensive that will provide you with the tools, support, mentoring, and sacred space needed to dive deep into your creativity, claim your authentic voice as an artist, and craft transformative workshops, retreats, and programs.
- IGNITE is divided into four cycles: Water, Air, Earth, & Fire. In each cycle you will receive written content, videos, audios, exercises, downloadable PDF's and weekly assignments -- but the main learning happens by actualing DOING IT! In IGNITE we are going to create a body of work and an eCourse!
- 16 Weekly group calls that are held every week on Thursday at 10am PDT / 1pm EST for Q&A, sharing, and occasional mini-workshops. (These calls are recorded for those unable to attend.)
- A Peer Mentor that is an IGNITE alumna that will provide extra support and guidance. Your Peer Mentor has been through the process herself -- so her insight and encouragement come from experience!
- Belong to an intimate Peer Council. The Peer Councils is one of the BEST things about IGNITE! The Peer Council is a smaller, more intimate circle of peers lead by your Peer Mentor where you can dig into the mud together! IGNITE Peer Councils are still getting together regularly years later -- supporting one another, collaborating, and having fun!
- Private online forum for receiving weekly content, posting assignments, and connecting with peers. NO FACEBOOK!
- Connie's open-heart policy -- meaning you can ask me anything about my creative, teaching, or business practice and I am happy to share honestly and transparently with you.
- Four small-group mentoring calls held at the end of each module where you will receive 15 minutes of one-on-one feedback on your assignments and personal mentoring. You will have access to all mentoring calls to learn from your peers feedback as well. These group mentoring calls are mandatory and you can choose from a few designated dates and times to attend.
- Belong to a collective of artists where you will receive opportunities to support, collaborate, and grow with one another and build friendships for life.
- In successfully completing IGNITE you will receive an invitation to future IGNITE Intensives where you will deepen the work you started and receive stronger clarity, confidence and connection to your Truth and mission. Teaching is a practice and IGNITE is designed to support you through the first three years of your journey.
- In successfully completing IGNITE you will be eligible to assist Connie at her workshops and retreats and become a future IGNITE Peer Mentor.
"It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge" ~ Albert Einstein
IGNITE is For Artists That....
- Possess a burning desire to empower and uplift artists while elevating creativity. You dream about awesome programs you want to create and the amazing people you can't wait to work with!
- Embrace art as a contemplative, soul reflective, practice. You love finding beauty, meaning, and intuitive narratives in the work you create and you are passionate about having a creative practice.
- Hear a calling to fully embody your artist soul and include teaching as part of your practice. You may not know what you want to teach -- that's totally ok and what IGNITE will help you with!
- Have at least one year of art making under your apron and are comfortable creating a body of work on your own.
- Are ripe and ready to fully step into your truth as an artist and long for the support of a mentor and community. IGNITE is an experiential learning experience -- we are going to make a body of work and an eCourse together. You must be committed to doing the work!
- Are familiar and resonate with Connie Solera's teaching style and approach to creativity. Please take a class of mine before registering -- make sure you dig the way I teach!
- Want to deepen your own creative practice and gain new leadership skills.
- Work in 2-D genres such as painting, drawing, art journaling, mixed-media, and/or printmaking. You do NOT have to be an expert in your genre -- all that is required is that you love what you love!
- Struggle to call yourself an artist but still feel the calling SO STRONGLY -- don't worry! IGNITE will change all that!
- Want to transform your creative practice into a business. In IGNITE we will touch upon the basic foundation of business practices and how they can be woven into your creative and teaching practice. But IGNITE is NOT a business program.
- Have teaching experience and are ready for a change or to breathe new life into your teaching practice.
- Have a basic understanding of how to use and/or navigate technology.
About Me, Connie Solera...
I love making art. I love traveling. I love hanging out with amazing women having deep conversations, and supporting them to be creative, adventurous, and fully 100% ruthlessly their artist self. This is the love that has fueled my 25+ years career as a professional artist and teacher and I still pinch myself every time I lead one of my sold-out retreats in gorgeous places such as Sedona, Mexico, and Costa Rica!
My first art class I ever taught was the summer before 3rd grade in my mom's garage. I even charged a fee until too many parents complained I was taking their kiddos allowance. So what did I do? I turned it into a "non-profit" and kept on trucking! Truth is, I've been doing the same thing ever since: making art, helping others make art, and creating cool ways to bring artists together--except now I make a living out of it!
As an artist I possess a deep reverence for the craft of teaching and it's role in my creative process. My whole reason for making art is to gain insights that I can then share with my beloved students. For me teaching and art making go hand-in-hand and I have dedicated my career to helping women artists bravely be the artist they are called here to be.
I have been teaching online and in-person workshops and retreats since 2008 through my own successful, thriving business. For ten years I hosted 21 SECRETS that showcased over 300 teachers and touched thousands of artists world-wide. Not to mention 21 SECRETS was the first artist collective program online ever!!
In my earlier life I received a BA in art and art history, a post-baccalaureate in art education, and taught for over a decade at the Cleveland Museum of Art and a variety of public, parochial, and private schools in both Ohio and Arizona. On top of that I had a million-and-one art jobs in everything from gallery assistant to art handler to mural artist to costume assistant at Cleveland's Hanna theater to art assistant to renown artist Joseph Kosuth.
My greatness is in designing eCourses, workshops and retreats to meet my students exactly where they are in their artistic development and help them identify, understand, and embrace their unique visual language, creative process, and path as an artist. You'll never find me teaching a cookie-cutter anything -- noway, that stuff makes my stomach turn.
The first IGNITE launched in 2012 shortly after my son was born. I taught six IGNITEs and three IGNITE In-person Immersions until 2018 when I then decided to take a little sabbatical and re-evaluate and refresh this program. I believe that 2021 is going to be a Phoenix-rising-from-the-ashes-kind-of-year....an absolute perfect environment to rebirth IGNITE! Come join me!