Say good-bye to lifeless, stiff faces in your artwork.
SAY HELLO TO WONKY-TONKY FACES!
When it comes to drawing and painting faces, one of the most common obstacles I notice in my students is NOT a lack of talent or skill, but rather their inability to see the world as trained artists see it.
Being able to perceive the world through relationships, value, form, and contour is the foundational key to creating art that is filled with life, energy, and creative integrity. Thankfully, this skill can be learned!
In Wonky-Tonky Faces you will learn how to see as well as gain the basic elements to drawing and painting faces that are loose, expressive, and dynamic.
Wonky-Tonky Faces is not another one of those follow-the-formula rigid approaches to drawing faces. Yes, of course, we're going to look and understand facial proportions -- but then we're going to throw those babies to the wind and strengthen our ability to see and translate what's in front of us (and in our hearts) with more confidence and skill.
My not-so-secret mission is to have you loving drawing by the time I'm done with you...and I have a strong feeling that faces will just be the beginning!
LET'S get wonky-tonky TOGETHER!
YOU WILL RECEIVE AN INTRODUCTORY ONLINE WORKSHOP.
Wonky-Tonky Faces comes with an introductory online workshop that is held on my Paint Wisdom Studio. This online workshop will prepare you for our 4 day in-person workshop held at my private studio. To receive the most out of Wonky-Tonky Faces all online course material must be completed before attending. (Supply list for online workshop is located on bottom of registration page RIGHT HERE.)
ALL SUPPLIES, LUNCHES, APRON, & DOGGIE KISSES INCLUDED.
For Wonky-Tonky Faces all you got to do is show up! All supplies, lunches made by my husband and amazing chef: Hansel, and a "collectible" Wonky-Tonky Faces aprons will be provided for you. Plus, my dog Rocket will be in-and-out to provide doggie kisses for anyone that's game.
STUDIO IS EASY TO GET TO - LOADS OF NEARBY LODGING AVAILABLE.
My private studio, where Wonky-Tonky Faces is held, is located in Peoria, Arizona which is a 30 minute drive northwest of Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport (PHX) and a 5 minute drive from the P83 Sports Complex that has loads of hotels and restaurants available. The exact address of my studio and hotel recommendations will be sent to you upon registration.
HERE ARE SOME PHOTOS FROM LAST WONKY-TONKY FACES!
I WANT YOU TO FALL IN LOVE WITH MAKING "YOUR" FACES!
WHO IS WONKY-TONKY FACES FOR?
- You are an artist with a desire to learn how to draw and paint faces, but are NOT looking to create more traditional, ultra-realistic portraits.
- You have at least one year of art making under your apron.
- You LOOOVE drawing and/or painting faces, but you feel your faces are too stiff, boring, lifeless, trite, and/or childish.
- You're eager to learn the fundamentals of seeing and drawing in a fun, playful, but structured manner.
- You're tired of making faces that look like everyone else's online and/or the teachers you have previously studied with.
- You believe anything called Wonky-Tonky is right up your alley and immediately thought: "Where do I sign up!?!"